Re: Any way to make coding on MacOS non-painful?

@27
I'm surprised Emacspeak is painful.  I've only ever heard good things about it, in the sense of "if you bother to learn this you'll be amazing".  But I guess that shouldn't be surprising, looking at what Raman did with Talkback, though I had always assumed that he did bad with Talkback just because he didn't believe in screen readers.

@28
yeah, except for the part where Google Docs has terrible ergonomics, Chromevox had terrible ergonomics for years, Talkback still has terrible ergonomics if you happen to get a device with the wrong screen size because they can't freaking scale their gesture recognition and of course the latency issues, etc etc etc.

Google cares about accessibility sometimes.  When they do and they listen, they can do a good job.  But until I stop flinching every time I have to do something complicated with docs, and until an Android can rival iOS for polish, I'm hard pressed to call it caring.  While there's something to be said for legacy, Google is the same as Apple, in that they don't care much about what we have to say, and if they do a bad job you're just flat out of luck and they'll fix it 4 or 5 years later, if ever.

I wouldn't call it caring, when you're talking about multi-billion dollar companies and longstanding widespread complaints that don't get fixed.  This applies to Apple, but it also applies to Google, and somehow we live in a world where Microsoft now seems to actually do pretty good about this.  Not perfect, but they're giving us accessible devtools these days, and even if I'm very nervous to use VS itself, they do seem to be fixing even that.  That's just such a weird world to live in, to be honest, given that MS had the worst track record out of all of them for 10 years.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector