Re: Any way to make coding on MacOS non-painful?

To add a bit more sanity back into this discussion, Xcode has gotten much better as far as accessibility is concerned. I began using the Mac back in 2016 and successfully completed a computer science degree with it. I didn't have to have extensions on assignments because I couldn't keep up with my sighted classmates. if anything I was usually the first one done.
TextMate can do everything that VSCode can do. I'm not saying that because VSCode isn't accessible, far from it. in my admittedly limited tests, it gets the job done. but just giving people options.
In Xcode 12 beta you can now get the level of indention by pressing VoiceOver + t (control + option + t). While this is a bit verbose because it also mentions every text attribute that VoiceOver can see, it does work. here is n example from a project of mine, "SFMono: White on a shade of gray12: indent level 6: 24 spaces: 0 tabs: line 31." There are also rotor actions for jumping around in code by methods, errors, warnings, breakpoints, and marks.
I also use an AppleScript attached to a keyboard commander shortcut of option + ` to get the level of indention of a line. This works in any IDE. It does get a bit confused if you run it multiple times, but I don't usually need that.
honestly though, I don't worry about indention a whole lot of the time because the IDE takes care of it. Plus if you screw things up, its really not the end of the world. Most projects should be run through a code formatter/linter anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector