Re: Madden 21 trial available.

@12 Same here. I genuinely don't get why they don't do it on-device. I've written a TTS library that supports all major desktop platforms and the web, and even has support for a couple different platform APIs where they're available. No reason an AAA game company can't do the same with all their in-house expertise. I only mentioned using Pico directly because I think they already are, but I guess they're synthesizing online, which is kind of the worst of both worlds. Pico is pretty cross-platform already AFAIK, so baking it in would be a step up, but platform-specific support would be even better. And CPU utilization of TTS is pretty minimal, with the possible exception of the newer Wavenet models or more realistic voices.

Ah well, enough pissing in the wind from me. I guess the silver lining is that I get a bit more cash from cancelling my EA Access subscription.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo1124 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo1124 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector