Re: Peculiarities in A Hero's Call

Yes, I get that and I agree that this kind of open exploration would not be possible with fixed levels. But, contrary to many others, I would have actually preferred a more linear game,Yes, I am strange, I know. smile This preference is mostly because I always put story over gameplay in games, and linear games can often tell their stories better because the developer must not think about the order in which the player will traverse the game. I feel like you can actually see this in AHC. They let you go through the three main areas in any order, but this means that they can't reveal any great plot points or make some cool twists in the middle of one of these main areas. The main plot is only really continued after you complete all three areas and the game gets linear again. But I know very well that this is probably not a common opinion and I understand the other side as well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ficho via Audiogames-reflector