Re: Audio Games with Rust?

@35
Maybe I was also negative and am not seeing how, I'm not sure.  I've been literally in a room alone for 6 months.  So maybe things are coming out harsher than I intended on my side as well.

All I was really looking for from the discussion was something that they do that's not easy to implement myself, which they have, it's just stupidly hard to find and it took you a while to give it to me.  If I open a restaurant and I sell amazing food and then I go way out of my way to stick the menu on the north pole or something, it's kind of the same thing as what they've done--and if I go telling my friends about the hamburger at this amazing menuless restaurant, then getting back "but outback steakhouse" isn't unreasonable.  I should be telling them about the 10-layer chocolate cake and also it's on fire.  Bevy's command/event stuff, custom scheduler, I'm not sure what else but just those two are actually enough to put it in the realm of no I probably can't just throw a thing together.

I'd have not tried to get info out of you on it if I didn't think there was info to have gotten; in so far as I know about your work, I don't think you make bad technology choices.  I'd have disengaged a lot earlier if I did.

In either case, I do think you can get it to do parallel scripting without modification, to bring this back on topic.  Looks like they've got direct, unsafe component access that's safe as long as you don't have to concurrent mutators, so if you define "roots" in the object graph and mandate that a script can only see what's below the root and figure out a way to get a system to run that has no concurrent updaters, I think you can make it work.  Combine it with their property thing and maybe some custom derive and it's probably not very hard at all to get a reasonable thing going on.