Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

Jayde, the main difference I would  say is that you use a more moderate tone when speaking, aand I do this to legit differences in opinion. But the difference I have is that I don't have the desire to convince the other person in the argument I am right, because I figured out long ago that it is a fruitless cause.  People's political beliefs are fixed at a certain age, so if someone is republican by the age of 18, they are basicly a really lost efort for the rest of their life unless something earth shattering happens in their lives. So my intent in posts is to stop crazy extreme opinions based on myths or lies from gaining ground, and to stop other people from considering these, who may not be sure and are reading everything with an open mind. That is why I put  a sharp and cutting tone to my post to demolish and thoroughly discredit certain things, and demolish poorly developed arguments. And, also it is kind of my preferential informal tone when writing. Just FYI, I do not formulate my thoughts in the way I do on a forum  in offitial contexts. But I do believe my posts have the desired effects. But if aarguments had been better developed, based on  at least half facts, and worded differently, you would've seen me take a more moderated tone, and dissect them part by part, as opposed to how I did. But when someone comes out and says getting killed by covid is like being killed in a carcrash, I'm sorry but that isn't even a valid argument, and doesn't have any valid points, or any factual basis iether. Moreover, it cannot be allowed to stand unopposed, as someone might think it makes sense, and it is harmful to people by being allowed to stand. An argument like that, I will mercilessly trash and rip apart, and mock too.
Defender, I don't in fact, have such a high oppinions of myself. Only a fool believes he knows everything or that he is all knowing. But I do have an advanced degree, which means a good level of education, so I know what I'm talking about most of the time, or back up any of my points.