Re: Vast Horizon

I see a lot of complaining based on previous codebases, and I can totally understand it. This community has been burned in the past. Repeatedly.

However, the game isn't even out yet. I could understand the amount of vitriolic posts if you'd actually played it.

I think it's unfortunate that someone jumped the gun in posting the website right away with no other text.

As for a sound pack, my very unpopular opinion is that people can make their own if they hate what is out there. I say that as someone who does not know how to do this, but who played muds back in the day when there was only one main mud with use of a sound pack and y'all were grateful because many didn't know how to do better.

@14, you mention muds like awakened Worlds and Shadow run, but are those even ones with major player bases these days? I can tell you that use of a credit card is interesting to me. I can say that mechanics with a credit card are interesting to me, and who knows how it will turn out?

With any mud, my concerns typically are about the balance of fun versus the mechanics of grinding. If fun is maximized over tedium, then I am interested.

Good luck for the game on opening day. I hope people will really give it a chance before writing it off as "just another space clone."

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector