Re: guide dogs!

Dark lol, I've considered K9 as a guide dog in the past and the taser cane very much reminds me of the BOfH's modified cattleprod. If you're curious Wikipedia BOFH, ie's computer humour shortn stories where idiots get a bit of a shock... or put on the police's armed and dangerous shoot to kill top ten most wanted list, depending on the idiocy in question.

My advice is ignore all the people who say "I bet you fell in love with him straight away" or go on about how they must have changed your life. Kirk is my first guide dog and for quite some time I felt really guilty that he was all over me and I hadn't developed that level of affection yet, I grew up with cats and never had any experience with dogs, and people saying that just made me feel more guilty. A friend said to me they're quite happy so long as they get a play and a tickle, she was right. Now I absolutely love him and wouldn't be without him.

He was 4 in April and is both cheeky and nosey. He loves people and he's forever trying to sneak up to them if I'm sat down somewhere, say on a bus or in my braille class, and isn't shy about nudging them with his head. First free run he ever went on, with the trainers so I got the idea, he came dashing back and flew straight into my crotch which I can laugh about now but by hell it was a shock. He's also flown into my brother in law's crotch and nutted him on the forehead when he bent down to see what Kirk was doing, just a pity neither did any lasting damage though my sister wished she had a recording of it lol. In fact he's here right now between me and my desktrying to get some attention.

I might say he changed my life but I wouldn't say he tranfformed it. He has made things so much easier out and about but most of all I love him so dearly and having him with me all the time, or near enough, is just wonderful.