Re: guide dogs!

Oh he can be laid back and gentle, in fact he is a lot of the time, but when he's excited he's rather bouncy. In fact one of the things I have to watch is he can go from completely placid sprawled out on the floor to up and going utterly crackers in a literal blink of the eye, it takes people who don't know him by surprise sometimes. That said he's utterly gorgeous and he absolutely knows it, in fact the first Christmas fair when I took him to hang around the guide dogs stall he leapt over one guide dog and barged another out of the way because he wanted the tickle she was going to get instead.

Amusingly that same Christmas fair I could feel his head turning slowly as the procession went by, he was obviously watching it, then his head would turn back the other way and start turning in pace with the procession again. He was really well behaved, I was concerned he would have wanted to go say hello to the huskies. I should probably explain that when foot and mouth was a big issue they couldn't get the usual reindeer so they had to make do with huskies and they were so popular they've had both ever since.