Re: Let's discuss

lol Even if we ignore the bit where the United States has repeatedly stuck its nose into other countries (Vietnam, Korea, the Persian gulf, Iraq), look at how badly it treated indigenous people. I mean, deliberately passing out smallpox-infested blankets, for fuck's sake. People in Canada did it too. It's fucking deplorable and it makes me angry.

I want to pose some of you a question.
Say that you have been promised that you will always have health care. You'll always have clean water and food to eat. You'll have access to education. You'll have a place to live that isn't harmful to your health (no mould growing under the sink because it leaks constantly, no danger of the roof caving in, no bedbugs or roaches or rats). If you need to get someplace, you'll have the ability to do that, either via your own transportation or by reliable public transportation. If you need supplies, you'll either be able to make them or obtain them relatively easily.
Let's say that's possible, in a far-future time. Virtually all of your needs will be met.
So if this is something we can bring about - and let's be real, it's not impossible - then why do you need money or competition? What is money good for, and what is competition being fought over?

The reason animals compete is because they are fighting over the same limited resource, be that fertile females, territory, food, water of just a place to sleep out of the snow for the night. If you took that away, and eventually got animals into scenarios where all their needs were met, I straight-up guarantee you that violence would go down. Same would happen with people. Oh, you'd still have assholes trying to ruin it for the rest. Of course you would. But it would be a far smaller deal than it is today.

So yeah. My hypothetical scenario. Chew on it. Why do we need money, and why do we need competition? From an anthropological perspective, if your argument boils down to "it's how we've always done it", think again. You're not seeing the whole picture.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blue-Eyed Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector