Re: enough is enough, and it's time for a change.

We have the ability to edit the database, insofar as adding or removing games. We have the ability to remove links, redact or outright delete posts. We have been trusted to do this by the webmasters and by prior and current members of the staff team.
This denotes responsibility.
If we truly had no way to limit what you do, then no, obviously we aren't responsible. But from a legal standpoint, there is precedent to suggest that this sort of thing can come down to a question of whether we knowingly turned our backs on copyright violation. If we did, and we're the only ones that can be caught out front for it, then we're the ones who will be held at least partially responsible. We will not be able to pass all responsibility off to Richard and Sander.
As such, my prior point stands. If we're potentially on the hook for consequences, then we should have a right to protect ourselves, even if it means shaking up the tradition of turning a blind eye to questionable practices.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector