Re: Durable Laptops with little or no junk added by their manufacturer?

Does anyone know what the advantage of having something like a 32 gig ssd and a 500 gb disk drive together is? Isn't it like having an sd card in there? Why couldn't you just put an sd card in there?

I'm looking at:
Dell XPS 15 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-3230M Processor, 6GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB Hard Drive + 32GB mSATA SSD, 1GB NVIDIA GT 630M, Bluetooth, Genuine Windows 7 Home 64-bit)

The lenovos didn't have a very good warranty and only had 2 usb ports which I can't use, I frequently have 3 usb ports at once connected to my computer... I think the dell also has a built-in sd card reader.