Re: Durable Laptops with little or no junk added by their manufacturer?

Hi

Sorry I didn't post before, but, the computer has a 32GB SSD and a 500GB HDD because if you remember hard drives have a cash, where instructions, file locations, etc are stored the larger the cash the more info the drive can store, which means it can access all those things faster because it knows more, which is especially useful with larger drives with allot of stuff, but really for any drive.

The SSD part is because, even though that tiny 32GB drive is used as cash, which is way bigger than the average of 64MB, that also means it's slower to look through it all, it's like having a library, and a database that gives you allot of info on each book, description, ISBN numbers, author, other books by the same author, where exactly the file is, etc, rather than just a tag system where it's just the book, author, and where it is, so it's way harder to look through it all even though it really helps in the long run because more info is stored and updated, and more of it for each file.

That's why it's using an SSD because SSD's are so much faster, it also loads windows from the SSD since it's not one of the small 8 or 16gb drives that most hybrid hard drives use, so it's got room for that, as well as what ever programs and files you were working on when you put the computer to sleep or hybernate.

This type of drive as I said is called a hybrid hard drive, and it exists because of the cost of SSD's which is still very high compared to standard spinning hard drives, so they store all the stuff you don't use as much on the big slower drive, and windows and the programs and files that you work on most on the smaller super fast drive.

It's the best your gonna get out of getting an SSD only, which isn't easy to do for under 1000 dollars, plus this way you get a much bigger hard drive than you would for even that price, and they are still pr obably even using a 7200RPM drive if it's 500GBfor the bigger part of the drive, so even that is a performance boost over most laptops.

If you want me to find you a new laptop for the best price it can be that's got all the things you want as well, I'd be happy to do it, I've done it for several friends and it's one of my favorite pass times as weird as it sounds. I just finished my twenty first successful electronics related deal, which also happened to be my ninth computer related deal, I love finding other stuff too but computers are my favorite and based on how everyone has been very happy with what they got so far, I'm not bad at it, and I may even think about getting into a career that has to do with that kind of thing.

The computer you found looks nice but I don't know how expensive it is, and dell isn't bad, but it's not great either, so if you want me to help, than just post or PM me and tell me the price you can pay at most, the price you actually want to pay, above nothing of course, big_smile all the stuff you will be using it for, what specs you want if you have any requests, and what country you live in so I can pick the right shipping, as well as the city if you want me to find something local, which I don't mind doing.

You could also email me at superfr...@gmail.com Skype me under the name Jondalar Sekhon the one from Canada, or follow @superfreq2 on twitter.

After that you can just sit back and let me do the rest, I'll probably narrow the list down and then send you the final 2 or 3 with explainations of each ones strengths and weaknesses so that you can pick between them.