Re: Java Servlet, Apache Tomcat, and MySQL

Hi, the first question since it is not clear to me, are you writing your backend as a restful API using Spring Boot, and hitting it from the front end using AJAX, or are you using older technologies such as JSP (java server pages)?

This matters in terms of how you are going to handle security. I have only worked with Spring Boot building restful APIs, and written several login systems for it. AS I think I mentioned, if you are going the rest API approach, then JWT (JSON Web Token) is what you want. There is a dependency called spring-security I think which will give you what you need for that. I believe that it will also provide functionality other than just JWT. I can give more description on how to handle setting up your Spring boot for JWT if that is what you are doing. It is a bit complicated to get all of the configurations setup just right the first time.