Re: Pitch Black: A Detective's Demise

Hi Purple Jam,

Brought the game Friday, but only just had a chance to actually give it ago. As suspected the sounds and soundscapes of the game are superb, I really like the world and its general feel and ambience. Some great voice acting too, I thought the voice of the detective is really good and fits the story/character well, I also liked how the detective reads the credits, some of his comments made me laugh. I know its only a background sound/voice, but I do like the billboard style adverts which play in parts of the world, the person does a brilliant advertising style voice for them which seems to just fit really well, I know you had similar background things going on in the demo of the main game too and I think little things like this really add a nice little touch to the feel and emersion of the game world. Although I definitely enjoyed walking around the game and taking in the fantastic binaural sounds, it’s also good to read you are also looking at  ways of increasing the length of  future games and adding more complex mechanics into them too, hopefully that will add mor interaction within the game world which will further increase emersion and game play. I do have two questions:  Firstly, would you consider adding controller support to the PC version?  I know it’s a personal preference, but I find it more emersive and fluid when playing via a controller. Secondly, I remember reading somewhere earlier in the thread this is only the first episode in the detectives demise story/series, is that the case? And if so do you have an idea how many episodes there may be in the full detectives demise series? As ever thanks for all the hard work you put into the project, looking forward to any future episodes and obviously the main pitch black game too!

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : djsenter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KG4RDF via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KG4RDF via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : djsenter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector