Re: Help decide what will be in Synthizer 1.0

I don't have a reverb demo. It's better than LAV.  LAV had a whole bunch of issues, and this entire project has been me flinching at just how wrong I did a lot of it, starting with "huh, these delay lines don't actually work after all" and going from there.  synthizer.github.io is the manual.  The reverb chapter lays out what all is implemented currently.  In effect it has allpass filters, yes, as a kind of lie to children, anyway.  In actuality it's modeling 8 waveguides at a single scattering junction using a feedback delay network, plus some input filters and initial delay and a touch of modulation magic and etc.  It sounds pretty good if you configure it properly.  I wouldn't call it amazing, but better than anything I've heard from an audiogame.  I'm open to accepting preset  suggestions; the only reason we don't have some is I don't have the time to try to design a bunch.

yes, you can turn HRTF off.  At some point before I do 1.0 it will be off by default and you will have to turn it on if you want it, since actually assuming that everyone is always wearing headphones is also an invalid assumption.

I think that things got further along than you think they are since you last seriously looked, but then I guess that's sort of the point of this thread in a way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : zywek via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector