Re: Help decide what will be in Synthizer 1.0

@25
No, you can't currently do wav file transformations or anything like that.  This is a library for game audio, not a library for anything you ever wanted to do with audio that happens to be useful for games.  If you're just trying to ask if you'll be able to render audio cutscenes or whatever, eventually but I don't have an ETA.

That networking thing looks like "we decided to write our own GRPC".  Use it if it works, don't if it doesn't.  I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll state my opinion briefly and leave it at that: if you're doing an FPS like swamp you either need one of a very few specific libraries or to do a custom solution.  If you're doing almost anything else, you can use the worst thing you can find and it'll probably work anyway at least at the scale of an audiogame.  Also, having to write your network messages in an IDL is the only way to do this cross-language and, unless you're in Rust or don't mind hand-writing a bunch of obscure stuff, required for maximally efficient encoding.

Can you access the manual?  If not, and if you can prove that it's something about geography--for instance my country bans GitHub--I'm not adverse to at least getting the manual moved somewhere else.  But you should really figure out what's going on, it's going to be next to impossible for you to collaborate on anything as a programmer without it, and Synthizer has outgrown me trying to track everything going on via audiogames.net threads.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : zywek via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector