Re: 7 Major Android Features Copied by Apple in iOS 8

to be honest I agree with Scotf's  initial statement but not his final conclusion about security.

everybody copies everybody else when something is a good idea, especially in the business world where if your worried that people might want something from your rival product, well you add it to yours.

For example, back in the Nintendo/sega wars of the early 90's, Sega initially had a three button pad for their mega drive console, while Nintendo's snes had a six button pad. Surprise surprise, when street fighter 2 came out for the Mega drive in 1992, it was released with a new! six button controller, ---- wooo hoo! which was then used in subsequent games.

This is just capitalism for you, why inovate when you can immitate?

Unless you hold an over powering loyalty to Google or Apple which goes beyond simply owning one or more of their devices, there's really no reason to care, ---- though i will say I've found myself quite worried by the fanatical support that coorporations seem to be trying to drumb up and often succeeding, even when they make less good decisions, ---- heck, i grew out of that when I was 10 and, after playing my friend's Mega drive realized that no, this wasn't the evil Nintendo rival pile of rubbish I'd imagined and had some pretty awsome games big_smile.

Myself, I own an Iphone, and some of these functions I will like especially the business with the alerts, --- -though I'm a little confused what you mean about third party keyboards sinse I already use a logitech bluetooth keyboard for my Iphone not an apple one.

Do I care whether Apple stole them from google? hell no! would I care if google stole ideas  from Apple? again no.

I bought an Iphone primarily sinse it had the most amount of games and interesting things to do on it, and a very good and us able screen reader. If Google ever does the same or there are things on android I can't do on apple that I wish to have access to, then I'd considder an android device.

There are! things about the Iphone and about Apple I do not like, the clunky drag and drop for organization, the lack of a filing system, and that beast Itunes, but the good outways the bad, albeit a big chunk of the good are games like Kodp, lost cities,  Papasangre,inquisitor etc.

So, in conclusion, Apple has coppied google? meh, not the first time, won't be the last, and Google will do the same too, however will Ios 8 do nything good for me?