Re: 7 Major Android Features Copied by Apple in iOS 8

Ah, I didn't realize the keyboard thing.

out of interest, what bennifits would such a software based keybaord bring over the existing ios on screen keyboard? You'd still be tapping letters on the screen not pressing keys. the only bennifit I could see is either using dvorjk layouts or whatever that qwerty alternative is called, or possibly having punctuation marks and numbers on the same screen without the need for shifting that there currently is on ios, though even then I can't particularly imagine seriously touch typing on a screen the size of the Iphone 5 (let alone one of the smaller models), ---- though I've heard the Iphone 6 is to be bigger so this might change.

Btw, Haiden, If google had a speechover screen reader this would not be unusual in levels of plagerism. A famous controversy happened in the early 90's with a game produced for the amiga computer called the great gyana sisters, ---- and if I told you you played two sisters who had to save a magical kingdom in a side scrolling platformer, could jump on enemy's heads, grab a power to increase their size and gain an extra hit, break blocks from undernieth by jumping and hitting them and also be able to throw lightning bolts with an additional power up, ---- well you see the problem.

And anyone around in the early 90's will remember not just the Ninja Turtles, but also all the knockoffs under other licenses, biker mice from mars, Street Sharks, Swat cats, Battle toads, I even once heard of a planned series entitled Power pigs!

if something is a good idea people copy it, even down to thee name. of course in the world of fat coorporations and lawyers things can get quite heated, but that still doesn't stop it from happening, neither are the legal decisions always based on the best criteria at least where copywrite is concerned, indeed usually such cases end with out of court settlements and no resolution.

this is all the more reason people shouldn't start getting partisan over one company rather than another.