back into ce with a few questions

hi everyone,

today i desided that the time had come to throw myself back into core-exiles.
i desided that i wanted to step off the crafting, cause i only can sell my products within my guild and only on contract. wich becomes rather boring to craft and to mine all the time and i konw for sure the game has far more to offer.
i read through the guides of the old ce forum and the activitie advanced refinery management for penworthy industries catched my eye. i am willing to buy advanced merlin refineries with real time euro's if needed, but before i do this, what exactly can i expect with this activitie? how does this work? where should i perform this activitie? and most inportant will i get experience and credits out off this.
i have a complete set of mining equipment, a babylon pod buyed from dark and three scanners + a level 5 mining laser. so finding unique ores isn't that difficult.
and i own a hauler with basic 250 cargo room.
i still ha ve 130k skill points in reserve so spending them on raising my skills isn't a problem either.

why am i telling all this? apart from heading into advanced refineries i also want to engage into other business. and that's also a reason why i opened up this topic. i want to ask you, if you're a ce player as well, wich activities are recommened by you.

i don't care wich activitie it is. as long there isn't ship combat involved into this. planetary combat i am willing to explore. but what are the advantages of this?

hopefully you all can help me out.

greetz mike