Re: back into ce with a few questions

Well Mike, before exploring planets I'd recommend trying derelict exploration  sinse that will give you an idea of how the system works  and what you need, plus you can find some useful things  like oxygen bottles that will help you on planets. You will also find lots of blueprints  and schematics  while doing both derelict and planteary exploring which will help if your a crafter, particularly in building more eco  vehicles to sell.

As regards credit output, well the  planetary exploration is very lucrative, and will also get you lots of xp.  I  started crafting kits myself  at one point  and found that worked, particularly sinse you only get a limited number of  chances o to explore each day so you won't burn through your kits too quickly.

With what kits you need, it depends upon the planet's danger ratin, so it's a good idea to have kits of all three types hanging about  to see what planet i you find. usually when I'm exploring I'll find a  planet while doing mining or other missions, rather than select a specific planet to work on.

Exploring is also really good fun! basically imagine an rpg dungeon where you move around in four directions, with descriptive text, and of course in each location you can do different things if you have the right tools and gear like fight battles, try to dig for artifacts etc.

It's highly worth a try.

i've not tried the hole malls thing myself,  though I probably ought to give it a go at some point.