Re: family/future. Need advice

I plan on going to college and getting a job. My partner is looking into an at-home advisor job with Apple, either full-time or just during the remainder of the pandemic, however long that may be, so she has something to do with herself. I looked into two online degrees, one at Grand Canyon University (GCU) which is based in Arizona, for a career in secondary education (English/language arts), and the other at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) based exactly where it says, with a career in therapy (psychology/mental health counselor). I'm a bit tentative to do online college, since someone I know advised against it because of accessibility, which is understandable, and given the fact that I am barely hanging on doing online high school because of the pandemic, but I think for now I'm managing.
With the career in therapy, I was thinking of applying for a career at BetterHelp, a well-known virtual therapy provider. I want to be able to balance work and home life while staying home with children, if I have them, and having a job like that is all I can think of. With the career in teaching I plan to teach at a public school in the area I plan to move to.
My parents want me to start taking duel-credit courses (college courses that offer both high school and college credit) while I am still in high school, which I think is a good idea, but I feel like they're still convinced I'm staying here for college. Part of me wants to do college here and just visit my partner every spring break and summer, and every other Christmas or something like that, but I don't know...
I know she and her family would be more than willing to provide housing if I do decide to go to school there, but since I mentioned my parents' bigotry they'd probably make me pay room and board if I went to college out-of-state. I don't think I'd have a problem applying for either academic or disability scholarships, so I should be good there.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Julia Stockburger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Julia Stockburger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector