Re: family/future. Need advice

My family are, kinda weird. On the 1 hand, they want me to be independant, actually did a lot of work with the council as regards independence training when I was little, liquid level indicaters, pen friends, even raising a shit load of money for a mountbatten brailler, which I used for a long time prior to boarding school, though my god was the thing loud, I wish I'd known about braillenotes and such back then.
But, on the flip side, they don't want me to do anything for myself when I'm at home, not really. They say they want me to, but given the opportunity they will always just do things for me, or let me do stuff but under heavy supervision. Shit they got a tassimo back in 2012, and not once did they show me how to use the dam thing, it wasn't until I came to Worcester that I found out just how easy it was from an accessibility standpoint. These days I swear by the 1 cup because cost effectiveness, but still.