Re: A born blindman's rant on gaming in front of sighted people

TheBlindSaiyan wrote:

@4 I know what you mean.
I generally have my laptop and phone brightness set to 0, as it benefits both in privacy and battery usage.
@5 I would agree with you, but then there's the argument that why does it have to be me?
I have no problem with what they are doing, I could easily say their TV is to loud and that I can't hear my stuff, but I don't because there isn't any need.
It's got nothing to do with common courtesy when sharing a space in my opinion, I just feel a bit singled out in these circumstances because I need to hear sound more than they do. They could easily mute the TV or whatever they're using and just look at it, you can't do that when you're blind, so all I'm saying is that I wish they had a little more respect.
I'm me, I've got audio playing on my laptop because I can't use it otherwise, and I don't have it blaring to the point where it drowns all other noise out, so I don't see what the problem is, I'm sure the same applies to others as well...
@6 You make a fair point, however it doesn't matter whether I'm playing an audio game or a mainstream game, I just don't really want to wear headphones; simple as that.
I don't want to look like an anti-social recluse in my room all the time, hence why I like to game and talk with people around me.
I just want people to respect that rather than making a fuss because of a little more background noise than they're used to.

From my own experiences people tend to put there TV up to louder volumes in smaller areas then I have my laptop at while I'm gaming, and yet I can hear the tv in the other room, through a  hallway, and in my room. I've gotten used to it though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector