Re: Onslaught, Audio Asteroids, released for Windows, macOS, and Linux

Just tried it, and I really want to get into this. At first It hought it was going to be like Dark Defender or Villians from Beyond, both of which I'm okay at. Not great, but I can usually get to average levels in both games. But I'm having trouble getting the hang of this one.

First a few weird things I've noticed:
The speaker test sounds like it's playing in the left speaker, and instead of going to the right, it goes to center. Not a big deal but still.

When turning, the degrees seem to be going in a really weird direction. East is 0 degrees, south is 270 degrees, west is 180 and north is 90. It's a bit confusing for me. I'm guessing east is 0 degrees, then all the measurements from that point are to the left of that i.e. if you're facing north, you're 90 degrees left of east. It throws me off, but now that I've thought about it as I wrote this, I imagine it makes sense, I just have to figure out how to think of it. Am I on the right track?

Snapping to a direction doesn't seem to put you on a straight coarse sometimes. Maybe this is intentional though.

On the second or third tutorial stage, the game warns me that an asteroid is on a collision course with me, but it doesn't seem to hit me unless I drive into its trajectory. Not sure if I was stupidly misled or what.

I'm having trouble dealing with 2 or 3 targets on screen at a time. I guess I'm not used to essentially hearing the whole field, though the filtering on distant sounds is a nice touch. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the different focus modes. I did get pretty successful at the tutorial though by standing in one place and pivoting and shooting the asteroids down. Not sure if that's a good strategy or not, but it seemed to work.

I don't even want to get into saucer land. At present they sound like their bullets in particular move way too fast for me to avoid, not until I get better anyway.

I'm not criticizing. Just having a bit of trouble working out the rhythm of this one. If anyone has tips, I'd greatly appreciate them!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector