Re: Onslaught, Audio Asteroids, released for Windows, macOS, and Linux

@sightless Thanks for the feedback. The next version tweaks the sizes of the saucers. Hopefully that should help a bit. I'm going to try fixing the Android speech issues, and cut a new release on Monday.

To those of you experiencing game freezes:

  • What operating system are you running?

  • If on Windows, what speech system is being used? Your screen reader, or the system voice?

  • Is there anything common to the freezes? Are they at the start of a wave, or just random?

There are a few possibilities I'm thinking of, but I need to narrow things down a bit.

Has anyone had the game fail to speak on macOS? I have one report of it not working. You know who you are, and you don't need to report here. smile But it works for me, and no one else has reported it, so I'm at a loss as to what's happening.

@44 I appreciate and respect your caution. I probably won't do demos for my next few releases just because of the complexity they add to my process. Hopefully one day you'll have confidence in what I'm doing with Lights Out Games, and I know a few streamers already planning to do their own demos, so you'll have more Onslaught content soon.

@42 The Start button pauses. I didn't mention it in the docs because I figured folks would just try it out. IME that's how most mainstream games do it, and in general I tried to make the control scheme mimic those. The game should be fully playable with only a controller, since if I launch on mobile, controller or keyboard will be the only schemes I can support.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hannes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kruf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hannes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector