Re: Onslaught, Audio Asteroids, released for Windows, macOS, and Linux

I just had my wife check both the arcade and Atari 2600 versions of the game. In the arcade version, they move diagonally in both directions. As you shoot them, they get smaller, and some of them can go off at another angle, the smaller pieces that is. She says the Atari versions move straight up and down and when they get to the bottom or top of the screen, they shift over to the left, getting closer to you. They too break up into smaller asteroids. She said at least the Atari player was pretty much sitting still and turning and shooting. I think the arcade player moved to chase the saucer.

I literally sent her videos of both games so she didn't have to rely on old memories of play, but she said that yes they move, and she didn't need videos to tell me that. But like I said, I had her verify, just to be absolutely sure. So yes, this really is a pretty faithful clone of asteroids. That's awesome because I used to play it without being able to know what was going on, I've never seen anything. So it's pretty cool to have a working version. I for one would dig more old school video game clones. IMO there is nothing wrong with a simple straightforward game. If you want games with powerups and twelve kinds of teleportation, you have other options.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector