Re: Sable - A code free tool for creating RPG's (New beta features video)

Hi,

Sorry for the slightly late reply. I’ll answer the questions below:
@pates, sorry I think I misunderstood your original question in post 137. But yes, you could already in Sable set an npc to join you after completing a certain quest for them. If you wanted completing a quest to add a totally different npc to  your party, although there’s not a specific option for this, you could do it through in game mechanics/story.  As an example you could have an NPC set you a quest, once complete they say something like I think my son would be interested in joining your party. You then have his son on a map somewhere , you have an event trigger set on the son to join your party, but lock off the event trigger so its only accessible after you complete the quest for the first NPC , that way you can only get the son to join your party by completing the quest for his father and the father mentions about the son joining your party. Hope that makes sense.
-    @Brian P. pleased to hear you enjoyed reading through the Sable change logs. Regarding your question about non active party members. This would definitely be possible, the easiest and simplest  solution is to allow you to have as many party members in your group as you like, but as a creator you could decide the maximum amount of people allowed in a battle at any one time. So although you might have say 6 party members, you might set it so only four would be allowed to battle, there would then be an option (both whilst inside a battle and outside of battle too) to switch out a character for another one. This is how final fantasy deals with this (or at least it did up until final fantasy x, but I haven’t played any past that). the alternative is like you said the hero’s call  option of having to drop off and change active party  members at a specific location somewhere on your maps/game world. Out of curiosity which option would people most prefer? As a separate item, it’s worth being aware I do intend to add an event trigger to have a party member leave your party completely, this could be handy if you want for example a party member to permanently die  as part of the storyline, although I appreciate that’s a fairly morbid example! smile

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Samuel Farrugia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ebon Sky Studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ebon Sky Studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ebon Sky Studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ebon Sky Studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : r-d-productions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector