Re: Accessibility in video games

Tlou2 plays itself?  explains why I died so often.  I guess the game just sucks at playing itself. sad
You can turn off half the gameplay, sure.  It's the half of the gameplay nobody (blind or sighted) is playing the game for.
Nobody bought the game to enjoy Naughty dog's rope climbing physics or to practice their ledge jumping, which by the way, you can still fall to your death with that feature enabled.  It's not there to make it impossible for you to fall to your death.  It's there so you know when you're about to do it.
The game doesn't automatically skip puzzles for you.  when you're in a puzzle, you're told that if you have trouble completing the puzzle, you can skip it at any time.  I skipped them all because I only cared about the story my first playthrough, but others on the forum have talked about not having to use that feature.
Fun fact:  Sighted people use auto-aim too, because, and I don't mean this in a condescending sarcastic way, but it's actually really difficult to aim with a joystick.
the thing that automatically faces your character in the right direction is not automatic.  You can wander wherever and however you want, but if you're lost then you can hit l3 and then yes, you will be pointed in the right direction for story progression.  It does not help you in combat or other encounters where you don't have a specific location to travel to.
The swimming underwater thing is something I never had on because it's just not necessary for us.  there are haptic and audible warnings when you're running out of breath, and surfacing for air is really easy to do, though I rarely had to because most water sequences are really short.
yes, you can't enjoy 100% of details that went into the game.  I'll never be able to visually look at the Seattle that is portrayed there and I'll never be able to navigate through story progression without the golden path thing, though you can definitely get through a lot without needing it, but I can play (and beat) the game on a similar difficulty level as a sighted person.  those sighted people can and do configure a lot of those settings too, by the way.
Regarding hades, you don't really need any mods to play or beat the game, nor do you need god mode, especially once you're familiar with how the enemies in the game world act.
Even if you choose to use god mode (I did,) you can still enjoy 100% of the story, which is the main reason I play the game in the first place.

There are some games where I'm inclined to agree with you on, like Gears 5 for example.  The fact that all you can really play without sighted help is hoard mode, and that only on beginner mode makes the game seem really silly for us.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the godfather via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector