Re: Accessibility in video games

Tlou2 plays itself?  explains why I died so often.  I guess the game just sucks at playing itself. sad
You can turn off half the gameplay, sure.  It's the half of the gameplay nobody (blind or sighted) is playing the game for.
Nobody bought the game to enjoy Naughty dog's rope climbing physics or to practice their ledge jumping, which by the way, you can still fall to your death with that feature enabled.  It's not there to make it impossible for you to fall to your death.  It's there so you know when you're about to do it.
yes, you can't enjoy 100% of details that went into the game.  I'll never be able to visually look at the Seattle that is portrayed there and I'll never be able to navigate through story progression without the golden path thing, though you can definitely get through a lot without reaching it, but I can play (and beat) the game on a similar difficulty level as a sighted person.  those sighted people can and do configure a lot of those settings too, by the way.
Regarding hades, you don't really need any mods to play or beat the game, nor do you need god mode, especially once you're familiar with how the enemies in the game world act.
Even if you choose to use god mode (I did,) you can still enjoy 100% of the story, which is the main reason I play the game in the first place.

There are some games where I'm inclined to agree with camlorn on, like Gears 5 for example.  The fact that all you can really play without sighted help is hoard mode, and that only on beginner mode makes the game seem really silly for us.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the godfather via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector