Re: Earwax

So as promised, I'm working on a prototype of a game with this. It's, yup, surprise, another board game! I'm hoping to include this as a sort of a larger example of subclassing in the repo, or at least hoping for the addition of a link to my Github repository, sort of "Here's how you'd do this" type of thing. So far, we don't have sounds yet, but at least it runs! I promise I'll try something that is not a board game... at some point. I'm quite a fan of this genre myself.
This does bring me to an interesting dilemma, however. I see that the board has an attribute called "populated_points" or something of that nature which stores all the point objects generated by the board. My question is... why? The class seems to do it for the sake of doing so, making updating both the point and the tile a semi-painful task, one which I for now choose to ignore because like I said, the class never uses the point objects.
Re, double call to populate. Am I correct in the understanding that you do this because your objects are left over after the game finishes?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector