Re: Earwax

@149
You mean you want get_tile to raise an error if negative coordinates are passed? I can certainly do that, if that's what you want. Shouldn't you be checking for that in your own code though?

@148
I feel like this could be better achieved by subclassing:

class MyLevel(Level):
    self.state = 'stationary'

def __attrs_post_init__(self) -> None:
        self.action(...)(self.forwards)
        self.action(...)(self.backwards)

    def forwards(self) -> None:
        if self.state == 'backwards':
            # Complain

    def backwards(self) -> None:
        if self.state == 'forwards':
            # Complain

@147
Honestly, I'm glad you're using the game board class. I wrote it for Lucky 13, then never touched it since. You write as many board games as you like! smile

So without GameBoard.populated_points, how else would you drag out a list of all the tiles?

I mean, say you were writing something like snakes and ladders, wouldn't it make sense to generate your board, then do something like:

for x in range(num_snakes):
    snake_start_index: int = randint(1, len(board.populated_points) - 1)
    snake_end_index: int = randint(0, snake_start_index)
    generate_snake(board.get_tile(board.populated_points[snake_start_index]), board.get_tile(board.populated_points[snake_end_index]))

Why would you need to update the tile and the point? You shouldn't be touching points. They are just there so you've got a record of what points have been generated by GameBoard.populate.

In the strange case of the double call to populate, honestly I just did what worked at the time.

It sounds like you've got much more experience with board games than I do, so I'm happy to listen to any and all suggestions you can throw at me.

Would it make sense to only call populate when the level is pushed? I initially thought the tiles should be cleared when the level is popped, but that's a terrible idea, because you might want the ability to go back to that board the way it was when it was last left. If you've got mini games or whatever.