Re: How to connect UPS accessibly?

Well the biggest issue you may have is the monitering software.
I have an eaten one and yeah its a problem, I forget its port but its also got a webserver access once the software is started and running.
You will be able to toggle settings and check status, etc.
With the software I use I use ocr nvda and narator to access a few things, it can be done but its a task to do and installing it requires sight.
Connecting it though is easy enough, plug the power to the power, and the usb to usb and the data cable to the box.
Batteries I am unsure of, I know my dad replaces batteries but well thats just that.
A serge protector may be better unless you have a lot of brownouts.
It may be better to keep backups as well just in case.
I have a couple, one handles my dad's workstation and the other handles the network routers etc.
However I have a laptop workstation so I don't use one.
I do have a large serge box which handles all my stuff though so if it does flux I should be ok.
In addition I have a newer switchboard with all the extra protection curcuits and am going through a full re wallpapering of the house, as this continues I am gradually upgrading all my power switches and other equipment to modern standards.
Out of 4 bedrooms my one is in the process of updating but the big room with the routers and workstations in it is allready on the new circuits..