Re: Scenario training!

Good afternoon all,
I'm back with my answer to my question, plus the answer to TheCheeseWheel's question. I'll also put another question at the end for you all. But first...
A repeat of the question to refresh your memory.
Marie arrives to the office on Monday morning and boots up her windows 10 computer, only to realize that she can't connect to even the network in the office.
Opening up the command prompt, she runs the ipconfig command. She looks at her Ethernet adapter and sees her IPV4 address is 169.254.0.1, a private IP address.
Marie knows that she had a valid connection to the network the previous work day. She is also sure nothing drastic has changed in her system.
What is the problem here?
A. Dhcp.
B. Malware.
C. Firewall.
D. dns.
The answer? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The answer is A, DHCP.
The reason's simple. When a computer first boots, it broadcasts a message looking for any DHCP servers on the network. Any DHCP servers listening on the network will hear this request, and will send out offers. The computer then requests one from one of the DHCP servers
The last step in the process is acknowledgement. The DHCP server will acknowledge said request from the computer.
This goes to plan in most instances where a DHCP server is found and no static IP address is defined. If, however, we're using DHCP and no DHCP server can be found, the computer goes into the APIPA addressing zone.
As for the cheese wheel's question, I'm going with driver, and ruling out the nic itself, since restarting the computer causes it to work normally and reconnect to the wireless network.
Funnily enough, I actually had this issue myself on a couple laptops. One did end up having a faulty nic, needing me to purchase an external one.
Hmm... Question to stump people with... let's see. Think... think... thinky thinky think away... think... away... aha!
Joseph gets a call to a small business in town. A year ago, the business set up an array of drives in a raid 5 configuration.
Recently, the business has begun experiencing degraded performance when accessing the storage array.
What should Joseph check for after gathering details about the problem?
A. High disk fragmentation.
B. Malware on client computers.
C. A secondary power supply.
D. A failing drive.