Re: Thoughts About Audiogames getting Nintendo Switch Ports

To be honest, I couldn't be bothered about this and neither should the rest of you.
For starters, how many of us will actually be able to afford or have space for a console, let alone a switch.
Technically with my recent clearout due to redecorating the house, I may have space for a console.
If I do actually get one, its not going to be a nentendo.
Its either a ps5 but more likely an xbox because microsoft and windows integration.
Of course, that assumes I will want a console.
Right now I have no plans but never say never.
I know there are people that will want or have space for multiple consoles, but I doubt a reasonable percentage will have the means or space for 1 or if they have 1 less will have the space for more than 1.
Maybe some will have 2 but no more.
I have a few family and friends with the cash to have more than 1.
A cousin had about 10 of various types but life constraints means he sold all of those.
I know of at least another friend who's dad works in the military and has the ability, space and means to have like 5 computers, all the consoles and hundreds of games.
The only other guy I know of works in a computer company either hp or ibm and has the cash for a lot of tech.
But those are exceptions.
Now if you are blind most of us don't have or ever will have a console in our lives.
Obviously this excludes everyone that does.
Even if you do, I'd imagine you wouldn't have more than 1 and if you do have 2 or 3 consoles you probably won't want any more.
I don't know the percentage that are active players or users of a console or if its languishing away in a cupboard but for the rest of us that don't and even those that do, I'd imagine that a switch is probably one of the last consoles they would get.
The only thing I can say, is if someone wants more ports thats fine, though I think there needs to be a few more things.
1.  the most used platform is the pc, either via itch or something.
Valve refuses it seems to really try to make steam work and ea origin or whatever it is is almost a joke.
On the other end of the screen, we have few games under the guide dog games brand though I wish they support paypal.
Battlenet by blizzard seems the only company that wants to make their launcher actually accessible so maybe we need to port our games to blizzard battle.net system.
Bar pc and smartphones, if we were going console, the ps5 has accessibility so that and the xbox 1s or x or whatever it is now is what I'd be targeting.
Then since thats universal, we need more games inside windows universal to via the store.
But I don't see nentendo shifting any time soon, and to be honest, they can stay inaccessible, we have  soni, and microsoft consoles for now, smartphones and the pc excluding steam, maybe battle net and guide dog games underutilised, and the battle net system coming along so who needs em.
I would like ea origin or their new downloader to be a bit more receptive and maybe ea will come to later on.
Over that, valve and steam, again, it would be nice if steam actually came to the party, but even if we cut them and ea out completely, we still have itch for direct.
Itch doesn't directly advertise so content wize there may be more unutilised cotent about than stated.
I have not tried it, but it seems that adventures, etc could be done via the renpy engine as thats pritty much interactive fiction.
Now with all that mentioned, bar steam which is one of the major stores and ea which would be nice, I don't think we need nentendo at all.
To be honest, we don't need ea or steam but it would be nice to have more players.
Since I never played with a nentendo except in the older days I couldn't give a fuck about them or anyone else for that matter.
It would be nice, but we have more than enough to get started.
Cutting out the potentials, we have soni, microsoft, and itch.
Soni consoles after ps5, microsoft xbox and windows universal potentially and then the alexa system by amazon.
There are some apple and android games about and some pc stuff via itch and other sites.
Sadly the only cross platform stuff we have company wize is audiogame.it but that may change later on.
Sonnar interactive while they have 1 pc title and a few smartphone titles seem to be porting slowly their games to the amazon platform which means they can be played on multiple devices in a different location.
An echo dot 3rd gen is 40 bucks and its only 90 for a 4th generation echo.
Even if you got the entire huge echo its only 300 bucks.
Now google is something not used but I havn't really pushed for this though who know that may come soon.
There may come a point where we currently won't need everyone to come to the table.
Its not perfect and eventually it would be nice but we have quite a lot on board access wize.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector