Re: Miriani: Once Again

As I said, I believe there is a bit of psychology behind players who stun and strand.  Perhaps they feel it makes the game a bit more challenging to them, and while they can force you into a situation that you probably don't want, they can't force you into it for longer than 12 hours at a time, at which point you can call for an assist and have one of the admins look into the matter.  The main thing to remember is that if you're someone who's worth noticing and you make yourself a noticeable target by any means, you're going to find out about it because you'll eventually be stunned or stranded for it.  I recently saw a guy get stunned and had a camera conned from him.  Do you know why?  Because the camera was worth 15 million credits.  That's a sale that benefits the strander.  Goodness only knows if he made off with anything else from the victim in question, but the camera was public knowledge.  Still, if a camera is worth 15 million credits and the guy had a lot of ships, that's a potential goldmine, and that's how the stunners and stranders are looking at it along with the challenge.  This is precisely why silence is golden.

Remember though, that joining an organization provides great benefits as well as little in the way of obligation if the organization in question is a nice one, as is the case with the one I'm part of.  Once your stranders leave your org will come and pick you up if you notify them, and if circumstances allow for it, maybe even rescue you from the clutches of your stranders all together.  it doesn't have to come to that though, and while the possibility still exists, I've yet to encounter it myself by practicing what I preach.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bucklee12 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : scotf2012 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector