Re: Miriani: Once Again

While I understand the fear of powerful ships seems to be common among pilots it hasn't struck me quite yet.  Perhaps it's because I've flown around sectors full of them and have yet to encounter one that seriously wants to chase after me, or because they are only manned by one person at the time, or because the overall playing field has changed and now favors the good guys rather than the bad... I honestly don't know.  What I do know is that within the past couple of days I've had more than 5 battlecruisers within firing range and nothing has happened so far.  Obviously I've kept myself alert in the event that something did come up, but for the most part they're just flying around doing their own thing, sometimes shooting each other, sometimes shooting other people, sometimes just showing off their navigational capabilities.

And I go on my merry way, not bothered by any of it.  I think swamp sort of gave me that "w ho cares" attitude; walking around dozens of zombies bigger than I and more dangerous than I without giving so much as a shrug in their direction has helped me to appreciate the fact that in many cases gaming worlds are not as fearful as we make them out to be, and so what if they are?  Isn't that part of what keeps them interesting?  Isn't that sort of what keeps us all on edge?  We can't always guess what's behind a pilot's mind as he's flying an awesome machine like a gunship or BC.  Where are they off to?  What are they up too?  Who are they after?  How many aboard?  Can I outrun them if I need to?  What will I do if I can't?  I can't keep soloing combat missions and stay interested for long, but salvaging and roid hauling with the risk of the occasional fuzzy doesn't provide much of a challenge either.  this is where the occasional BC entering the sector and the possibility of something arising as the result of that become something I can respect to some extent.  No, as is the case with anything, it's not for everyone, and I'm willing to respect that too.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : scotf2012 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector