Re: Getting Gentoo, Arch-Linux, Debian, etc. working on my Mac Book Pro?

I think I'll try Arch-Linux; Gentoo is just litterally a waist of time. (I mean it takes too long to install!) I do like the idea of compiling everything by hand, but doing that for, say, GCC, make, autoconf, automake, gnat, gdc, gccgo, gcj, clang, llvm, bash, sh, and all the other tools that make up a development system would take a minimum of probably 4 to 14 hours. For compiling it during the install, try 19 to 26 hours, which is litterally one day and 2 hours. I don't think I want to wait that long.
when you tell me to use the EFI bootloader, do you mean hold down the option key, wait until the boot manager appears, and press right arrow twice? To the left (press left arrow once) is EFIBOOT, and to the right (press the right arrow key twice) is the standard USB/flashdrive boot. Which one should I select?
Edit: I'm using the minimal ISO install (install-amd64-minimal-20140724.iso), released on July 24. I'll try another later snapshot of Gentoo or A rch-Linux later when I get bakc home (I'm in Tennessee!)