Re: [New service] Free phone system for friendship/dating

Philip, I for one like this idea. I am looking forward to checking this out. I can see from other posts on the topics that some are really not keen on this idea of a blind dating phone service, but I do think it could be another tool for some of us wanting to meet others around the world who share interests and want to meet.

Aaron, just because something is old does not mean it is necessarily bad. Skype, Facebook, Twitter, and other technologies are good and have their place, but I do not think they necessarily mean we throw other forms of communication away just because it seems old. Frankly speaking if you want to make a case for something better, something newer, do so but your argument has to be something more constructive than this or that is newer than x. That's no argument at all.

Besides, there is a huge and glaring fallacy in your argument. You are assuming here that everyone has a computer, and that they have access to the same technologies as you do. Wh ile many blind users we are likely to encounter probably do have computers, the internet, and thus can sign up for voice chat etc, but that is not necessarily the case for everyone. I am sure there are blind men and women here in the USA as well as elsewhere that have no regular computer access at all who could benefit from Philip's new phone service. Just saying everybody must use Skype, for example, puts those sorts of people at a disadvantage because you assume they have the same technologies and financial means as you do to communicate via that particular technology.

Finally, regarding technology as being old I never get why people think just because something is "old" that instantly means we must do away with it. Having newer technology does not necessarily mean we should trash something just because the technology is old.  Far too many people have adopted this newer is better attitude when in some cases its not any better than the technology it replac ed. Its a phenomenon called perceived obsolescence, and companies have been using it to exploit the market for years.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheOnlyPKMNmaster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector