Re: People who live in the US, what schools for the blind are the best?

Basically what camlorn said. I don't know of any examples of what you're talking about. Can you mention any case where a black person got away with or got a light sentence for murdering a white person? Racial hate crimes aren't really a common occurrence here as far as I know, and given how much the few that do happen are sensationalised I suspect we're not missing a lot of them. We do have a big issue with crime in general, but I'm not sure what crime you're specifically referring to that you want the government to do something about.
As for the cigarette ban, the idea that NDZ did that because she benefits from blackmarket sails is pretty popular, but there isn't any evidence to support it. It obviously isn't impossible, but NDZ has been anti-smoking for a long time and she has been responsible for stronger regulation of smoking since the 90s. If she did all that just so she could eventually get kickbacks from illegal sails during a pandemic then she's been playing a very long game.
As for BEE, like others said something needs to happen to allow people to catch up. During apartheid black people were segregated into townships far from economic opportunities, with city CBDs being reserved as white-only areas. Many black people only got what was called a bantu education, which was intended to only prepare you for menial jobs. And unfortunately very little is free in this country, including a quality education. So the big thing for me is that if you are poor, uneducated and live far from where the jobs and good schools are, then your children have a good chance of ending up the same. You need to break that cycle somehow. Also you get points for being disabled so it would actually work in your favour.
But are you sure that the black person was less qualified than the white person in all the cases you've heard? Because I've seen white people using it as an excuse, like "I didn't get the bursary because I'm white" even though there are black people with better marks who also didn't get a bursary. There seems to be a kind of victim mentality that has set in among some white people where they seem to believe the world is against them. Not saying this is you, just that it's a trend I've noticed and you might be hearing from these people. If you look at a racial breakdown of unemployment statistics you'll see the white unemployment rate is the lowest and the black rate the highest, so this system clearly can't be too unfavourable to white people getting jobs.
Regarding Malema, he's a populist and does what populists tend to do. But if you look at the EFF's electoral results they don't seem likely to be in a position of power any time soon. Since it's a relatively young party compared to most of the rest it's hard to really look at their growth trajectory, but I suspect they're nearing their ceiling.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector