Re: Vapours of this universe, how do you avoid dry hits?

Not as much as you would expect. As I said, the bottles have a very slim tip that you insert into the tank and pour, the width of the tank doesn't matter that much. I would check it with my fingers if I could, though the tank is much too small for me to stick my finger inside it. To clarify: when you pour, all you have to do is hold the tank still and stick the end of the bottle inside it. Then squeeze about four times, you will be able to hear the drop comming out. It is deffinitely possible for things to get messy, if you over fill the tank and try to screw the cap back some of the liquid is inevitably going to come out. Luckily, e-liquids are water soluble so you can easily clean it with a wet towel or something.
The device is around the width of my thumb and slightly longer than a cigarette.
Also, I wouldn't recommend something the width of a pen since those probably have smaller batteries and you will have to charge it more often. My general behaviour when buying one is to look for the best battery possible, I wouldn't buy one with less than 1000 MAH.
The devices from joyetech are pretty well built and really good for their price. For this one I spent about 30 bucks and I have it for about one year. It's starting to wear down a little, but it's time to replace it anyway. I like especially that it's built simple and very easy to use. My brother gifted me a very cool mod once, which had multiple parts, replaceable tank, replaceable batteries and replaceable coil, but it was such a hassle to get it working that I stopped using it. If your objective is just to vape and not mess with any components my advice is to buy a simple one. The more parts a vape has the bigger is the risc of leakage, and I trust you don't want e-liquid in your pockets or wherever you use to store it when hanging out or traveling. smile