Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

So playing devil's (or god's advocate): We have free will. Incumbent in that is the choice to end another's suffering, the way we so compassionately do for our pets. Taken that way, your Grandmother's suffering is entirely your fault, feel bad about yourself, donate to the church, please and thank you.

My own feeling however, is that if God exists at all, he's a cunt.

The mostly likely answer though, is that if god exists at all, he's so balls-to-the-wall amazing, that simple sufferings like those described in this thread don't even register on his radar, and he's got his heavenly spam filters set to DENYALL where praying is concerned.

I mean think about it, if a toddler could express themselves verbally, the fact that they aren't allowed an ice cream is quite literally the most loss, stress, and loss inducing thing in the world. We are cleverer than that, so we know it's utter rubbish. Imagine if you have the power to shape universes. Is Huntington's or a few million life forms on one of the infinite planets you built and control really going to matter all that much, when you have to ensure that you don't accidentally shift a few galactic clusters to the side a bit when you're reaching for the nachos?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector