Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

@3 I am less angry at god than I am at the people who throw religion at me like it's supposed to somehow make this better. I do believe in the soul though. I mean, if we're just organic circuitry with an expiration date, OK, I can deal with that. It's shitty, but OK. But I don't think we can be who we are if we're just circuitry.

@5 Yeah, pretty much how I feel.

@7 Your attempt to, "god me up", did not work. The bible doesn't just say that we need to love and worship him, but that we must give our lives over to him and be his servant. I refuse to do that.

@11 Your aunt will need to grieve properly, or it will affect her for the rest of her life. And isn't it so convenient that we can throw all our feelings aside because god made it OK. Even if your family were with god or jehovah, they're not here. Are you not allowed to feel the loss?

@12. I would happily end her suffering if it were possible to do so within the law. I am a big proponent for euthanasia. But yeah, if this god were so all powerful, he could just zip back in time and catch up on what he missed. He could hard code us to die in our sleep at 80, etc.

@14 I don't need healing though. I don't need strength to deal with this. I don't need guidance, because her death is fast approaching. Why would I want uplifted spirits at this time. "Hey granny, we're taking a vacay to Hawaii, never mind that you're stuck in your bed dying... See you when I get - oh wait, you'll be dead."

I want to get back to the strength thing for a minute, because it's something people often say to try to comfort those around them. You don't need strength to grieve the loss of someone. You need a safe space to become weak and vulnerable for a while. Maybe you depend on others a bit more than usual, and that's OK, because they generally want to help.

@17 I don't know what would come of it. You're not going to convince me to believe in god.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector