Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

Abdullah, you say it's human nature to suffer, or human nature for things to break down. Yes, okay...but -why is it human nature? If you're defending god, then you're also accepting that he created people, thus is responsible for human nature. He could make it cleaner and less cruel if he wanted to - supposing he exists at all, of course - and the fact that he hasn't is a really compelling argument of why he's not real. An all-knowing, loving god would never have permitted some of the cruelties we suffer every day. It's just that simple.

I'm amazed that we've gotten through eighty-something posts without any explosions. Gives me a little hope for the future of civil discourse on this forum.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : abdullah_mohammad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector