Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

Are you sure on that Cx2? When I moved into my flat in 2007, I was very much told by them that there were no reductions for having a visual imparement anymore, and certainly my parents don't get one, (my mum is also registered blind).

Of course, when i realized that  the tv license actually cost me more than buying Doctor who and Being human on dvd, and tthat I really wasn't watching much else besides the news occasionally, I dropped my license in 2009. Interestingly enough, you can still own a tv (sinse I use a large tv with a snes, gamecube and pc lplugged into it), just so long as you don't actually watch live tv on the thing.

I actually heard all about the loop holes sinse my brother has had some quite comical discussions with the licensing people. First when they attempted to claime that the solicitor's firm where my brother worked who used a tv and video for watching the interview and security tapes from crime cases had to pay a license , ---- not very clever, and then when they tell my brother they can inspect his property and might take him to court if he doesn't make himself available for inspecttion, again distinctly not clever!

Luckily sinse I told them flatly I didn't watch tv they haven't bothered me in five years, and sinse my parents have a sky plus box, on the rare occasions something does pop up that I do want to watch (doctor who, futurama, game of thrones), my parents can record it for me.

Mostly I just buy and watch series on dvd instead, right now I'm having a break through watching through ds9 to watch the Avatar the last air bender series (which is awsome).

Actually, there is so little that is any good on tv now, sinse so much of it is celebrity rubbish or reality tv rubbish or similar drek, I actually know lots of  sighted people who don't bother with a tv license either!