Re: anyone ever attempted to learn swedish?

I have studied Danish and Norwegian a little bit and I found it quite amazing that the  vocabulary and writing systems are quite similar, but the pronunciations sound quite different. Although I have to say that Norwegian sounds easier to understand than Danish. The latter one sounds much more slurred, but somehow cooler as well. I once read the comparison of those languages from Wikipedia and there was written that it is sometimes jokingly said that Danes have easier time understanding drunk Norwegians and Norwegian sounds kind of childish because of the sing-song manner of speaking. But I've also heard that some Norwegian dialects sound quite a lot like Danish.