Re: Seeking Blind or Visually Impaired Alpha Testers

Hi frastlin, I think we crossed messages just now as I was responding to Brad.

I'll study up on the libraries you mention.

The accessibility downside to the way our technology works is that the game world is continually pushing information to the players' computers.  The clients are "smart" clients which handle "natural language processing" and other tasks, which is important to helping our system handle all the heavy computation it  needs to do - there's a *lot* of "artificial intelligence" processing in this game world.  Anyway, because game events are continually being pushed to the clients, the natural way to represent that in GUIs has been with scrolling text inside graphical windows.  This is the problem we've faced in trying to adapt those GUIs to the needs of screen readers.  Even with the Live Regions specification, we haven't yet been able to make the experience identical or easy across platforms and browsers.

Plus, we really think the new UI paradigm is a far better one for blind or non-GUI users.  And I think in the long run, a really interesting paradigm for all users of mobile devices.

So thanks again!  Soon as the talking technology is happy on Windows I'll post an update.

--Mark

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector