Re: Learning iTunes.

@Sebby glad you like the stream, the battery life on mine is quite astounding at the moment. it'll apparently handle podcasts though I've not tried yet, and it's easy enough to digitize cds, indeed even when I was using Itunes this is what I was doing with the Rnib stuff, (the chap I spoke to from humanware actually said it was quite common for people to do that). The stream will also handle m3u playlists too if you like that sort of thing as well, though I never cared about playlists myself and only used them in Itunes to make things play in order. The victor will handle some sorts of text files too though I never cared for reading in text anyway and never used Itunes for that.

in general I don't miss Itunes and am glad to be without it, much as I still like my Iphone for the games, aps etc. indeed I'm only keeping Itunes on my computer to backup my phone settings in case I decide to buy an Iphone six, sinse annoyingly apple killing the sidebars wh ich buggered the tree view in Itunes 12 doesn't affect that as the sinking and backup options are available from the main file menu. To be honest I'd rather not even use Itunes for this, just give me a simple backup program, or better still, just let me copy the relevant files and back them up properly on my external harddrive, though at least this is a miner annoyence as compared to the torturous streight jacket of trying to get Itunes to work with media.

The sooner Apple stop with this stupid itunes mallarchy and just give people the freedom to use their devices how they want the better, and if apple don't, (as seems likely), well I'll just do my own thing regardless.