Re: State of Web Browser Accessibility

This may be of interest to you.
As for Jaws, I'm curious what you need.  NVDA is getting ready to have browse mode support for Word, for example.  I know JFW has a lot of domain-specific stuff, but as a programmer, switching to NVDA was the best thing I ever did.  If you've not seriously tried them recently (i.e. last year or so), you might want to look again.  My objections to jaws are philosophical, but most people don't disagree with them; unfortunately, one of the two main ones is something that only programmers can really appreciate.
Even with them, I didn't leave until my authorization broke and I had no choice but to use a dongle and was forcing shutdowns more than twice a week because, when applications went unresponsive, sometimes Jaws would kill the keyboard along with them.  I know it was Jaws because I used NVDA on the same machine with the same software for 6 mon ths or so after I switched; and my Firefox crashes were due to this plus the fact that, with Jaws, Firefox often goes unresponsive.  In the specific case of Firefox, there's apparently a deadlock somewhere that causes Firefox to not come back.  Hence, no keyboard or mouse.  I didn't leave because adblock+ is a killer feature and, as a programmer, >50% of my time (not my time on the computer, literally all of my time) is spent on a myriad of random web sites looking bits and pieces up.