Re: Leasey has been released! Every JAWS user should have Leasey!

This is a terrible idea.  We should be working to fix the training system's inability to teach basic computer concepts because of the overly narrow focus on knowing specific tasks that make you employment-ready for working in a call center, not making up for them by making more commercial "this makes your computer simple so you don't have to learn" software.  As an advanced user there is no point; that's not about features, either.  As an advanced user, anything you're doing for me can already be done by me and just as quickly-so why am I buying software?  All that claiming that it's good for advanced users does is convince people that they can become advanced users using it, something which I have no reason whatsoever to believe is the case-among other problems, using such systems just locks you down to your specific machine.
As for baking services into the screen reader, that is the worst idea I have ever seen anywhere.   This is not a good thing.  If those services are not accessible enough or easy enough to access with that screen reader, they should be fixed properly; at most, there should be a reader-neutral application.  The world is already really tiny for us.  We don't want or need to start cutting it into little islands of functionality, and we don't want or need to give the impression to sighted devs (already notoriously incapable of getting it even when explained and even when they mean well) that writing a blind-specific version or getting the screen reader to integrate is a good idea.  Because it's not.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector